Inland Fisheries Kokanee & Salmon Foundation, Inc
Kokanee Power is a non-profit organization of volunteers & members dedicated to the enhancement of California and Oregon Inland Kokanee, Trout & Salmon Fisheries. Kokanee Power, in part, provides assistance to the California
Department of Fish & Wildlife and other Fisheries Enhancement Organizations in their ongoing efforts to keep these fish in public waters. We also promote inland fisheries enhancement through various netpen projects such as those at Collins, Lake Almanor, New Melones, and Shasta Lake, support of hatchery programs, education through scholarships & grants, and sportsmanship through our various fishing derbies & tournaments. Our membership of more than 1200 men and women volunteer their time, money and enthusiasm to accomplish this task. Would you like to be a part of our effort? CLICK HERE TO JOIN! Isn't it time you get involved?
July 16, 2018
PG&E Supports Kokanee Power!
PGE's environmental awareness is far reaching and that they have entrusted us with a partnering responsibility in those efforts is both noteworthy and appreciated. We look forward to the continued opportunity.
THANK YOU PG&E!
- Stampede Reservoir Lake Online Entry Form - Here's the online derby entry form which is the easiest way to sign-up and no need to check-in on-site.
- Stampede Reservoir Mail-In Form - Here's the mail-in form and derby rules for Stampede. Use the online form for easy sign-up. Sign up early to get a chance to win a free derby entry.
- 2018 Pardee Derby Results - Check out the Pardee results. Thanks for all that came out to support the fishery and organization.
- Whiskeytown Photos - Great photos from the derby courtesy of club photographer Dave Weaver.
- Whiskeytown 2-Day Results - What a great 2-Day derby. The Kokanee were fat and feisty living up to their reputation, Check out the derby results.
- Shasta Tournament Photos - Check out the Shasta photos in the photo gallery.
- Shasta Lake Tourney Results - Check out the results from the Shasta Lake Tournament. We had the biggest fish weigh-in ever. Thanks to all that participated.
- 2018 Pine Flat Derby Photos - Check out the photos from the Pine Flat derby in the photo gallery.
- 2018 Fundraiser Banquet Photos - Check out the great photos from the 2018 fundraiser banquet courtesy of club photographer Dave Weaver. Use the link to go to the Photo gallery.
- Melones Pen planted with trout. - Check out the photos from the Trout pen plant at New Melones. Thanks to all the volunteers.
- Jr AOY Update - An update to the JR AOY standings with Shaver updates. The final results are now:
1) Cody Hight 318 pts
2) Nick Hernandez 321 pts
3) Ty Collins 418 pts
4) Natey Lenard 513 pts
5) Emma Jo Duvall 522 pts
6) Brody Code 522 pts
- Kokanee Egg Care - A few photos of KP volunteers helping to care for the Kokanee eggs. Click on the link and select the 2017 Egg Care gallery.
- Egg Take #1 a success! - The fist egg take yielded 206,000 eggs and they are as the San Joaquin Friant hatchery. Stay tuned for the next egg take planned for the week of the Oct 30.
- Congrats to Fred Nakagawa - Fred won the Garmin 1042XSV, a $2300 unit from our Great Garmin Giveaway raffle.. Thanks to Johnson Hicks Marine and Garmin for making this happen.
- Angler of the Year Final Standings - Adults - The 2017 Angler of The Year Results have been finalized. Congrats to the top 5 who will be recognized at the annual banquet in March. Click on the link to see the final listing.
- Angler of the Year Final Standings - Juniors - Here's the final standings for the Juniors. The top 5 will be recognized at our banquet March, 2018. Thanks to all that participated.
- Shaver Lake Derby Photos - Check out the derby photos from Shaver courtesy of Jim Travis. Tks Jim.
- Shaver Lake Derby Results - Check out the results from the Shaver derby.
- Bucks's Lake Derby Photos - The Buck's Lake derby photos are posted in the gallery.
- Buck's Lake Derby Results - Here's the Buck's Lake Derby Results. Click on the link to see them.
- Whiskeytown Derby Photos - Check out the derby photos from Whiskeytown in the gallery link.
- Whiskeytown Derby Results - Click on the link for the derby results. It was a tight field with some great fish weighed in.
- Buck's Lake Team Kokanee Derby - Aug 19th - Use this link for the online derby form for Buck's Lake. Come on out and enjoy the fun at this cool mountain lake where you can escape from the heat of the valley.
- Stampede Derby Photos - Over a 100 photos from the Stampede Derby courtesy of Steve Quintal and Jim Travis. Click on the link to go to the gallery and select 2017 Stampede Derby. Enjoy!
- Stampede Reservoir Team Kokanee Derby Results - Here's the derby results for Stampede. A great turnout escaped the valley heat and were rewarded with lots of Kokanee. Thanks to all that came out to enjoy the fishery.
- Don Pedro Photos - Check out the Don Pedro Derby photos provided by Steve Quintal. Click the link to the photo gallery and then select Don Pedro in the upper right.
- Don Pedro Derby Results - The Don Pedro Derby results are posted. Thanks to all that came out to the derby.
- Pardee Derby Photos - Check out the Pardee Derby photos provided by Dave Weaver and Jim Travis. Click the link to the photo gallery and then select Pardee in the upper right.
- Pardee Derby Results - Check out how everyone did at the Pardee derby where 130+ participants enjoyed great weather, food and raffle. Some nice Kokanee and trout were weighed in.
- Shasta Lake Tournament Results - The results are posted. Thanks to all that participated.
- Pine Flat Trout Derby Photos - Head over to the photo gallery to see the photos from the Pine Flat Derby.
- Fundraiser Banquet Photos - Check out the banquet photos courtesy of Dave Weaver. Thanks to all that attended. Your supporting dollars go back into the fishery.
- Fundraising Banquet a Sold Out Success! - Thank You to all who joined us that night! It was full of fun, smiles, and laughs.
- Fishery Press Release - Great info to share on new Kokanee bag limits, egg take, Lake Berryessa and the King fishery plants.
- Kokanee Fishing in the 60s - Check out this interesting 1960 article about Kokanee Fishing from a an old publication from the CA DFW.
Kokanee Power was busy in 2014 beyond the 7 regular derby events. Here's some of the activities listed below. Check out our Message Forums and the Projects Page for more details on many of these activities.
-- 2014 - Kokanee Power continues to support 30 trout pens, the most of any organization in the state by providing food and pen resources.
-- October - The Kokanee Egg Takes produced They will be reared for release in 2015.
-- May - Sep - 7 Derbies were held to raise funds to support the fishery.
-- April - Kokanee Power Pen Trout were released at various lakes
-- March - The annual Kokanee Power Fundraiser banquet was held in Lodi. Thanks to all who attended.
-- The Kokanee Kronicle Newsletter provided everyone updates on the clubs activities.
-- January - ISE Show Sacramento. Another great show and volunteers helping man the booth.
Memory of Phil Johnson